How to check if your insurance will cover Mirena
You may be able to get Mirena with no out-of-pocket cost.
Follow these steps to check:
- Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Tell them that Mirena is a healthcare professional‐administered method of birth control.
- Ask them to check if Mirena is covered at no cost* under the Affordable Care Act
- Provide them with the J code for Mirena: J7298; and the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code for Mirena placement: 58300.
- Ask if you will have any out-of-pocket costs, if Mirena is only partially covered under your plan.