COVID-19 UPDATES: Taking Care of Our Community
We are committed to your family’s health and OUR CLINIC REMAINS OPEN for your health care needs. The safety and wellbeing of our patients and our staff are of the highest priority.
As primary care providers, we realize that aside from coronavirus (COVID-19), patients continue to have other medical conditions and injuries that need treatment.
With the recent lift on restrictions for NON-URGENT MEDICAL PROCEDURES effective May 1st, we want to remind you that we are here to help coordinate care such as:
- Colonoscopies (Colorectal Health)
- Referrals to Specialists
- ...and more!
Can I Get Tested for COVID-19 at Lake Grove Family Medical Clinic?
We have the ability to test in-clinic, however, TESTING SUPPLIES ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED. In order to conserve our testing supplies and our caregivers, Lake Grove Family Medical Clinic is strictly limiting our COVID-19 testing at this time.
In order to be tested, you must:
- Have a fever above 99.6 within the past 24 hours
AND ONE of the following:
- Age greater than 60 years
- A chronic disease of one of the following:
- Cardiovascular system (high blood pressure)
- Pulmonary system (Asthma/COPD)
- Diabetes Mellitus
**WATCH FOR SYMPTOMS**
The CDC now advises that people with a combination of at least two of the following symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Can I Get Tested for COVID-19 ANTIBODIES at Lake Grove Family Medical Clinic?
In-house antibody testing is not available at this time. However, we ARE now able to order COVID-19 Antibody serum test through our participating lab facilities. An office visit with your primary care provider is required, and you must be symptom-free for at least 2 weeks before the test can be performed.
PLEASE CALL OUR CLINIC IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COVID-19 ANTIBODY TESTING.
We know you are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we want to share our efforts to reduce the potential for exposure at our clinic and help keep our patients, staff, and community healthy during this rapidly evolving situation.
What is Lake Grove Family Medical Clinic Doing?
We continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and extra precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- We have increased cleaning measures and are frequently disinfecting exam rooms, workstations and high-touch surfaces, and objects within our clinic.
- We have spaced out appointments and implemented precautionary scheduling strategies to reduce the number of people in the building at any given time.
- We are triaging routine appointments for patients who are in any of the high-risk health categories.
- We have removed non-essential high-touch objects in the reception area – magazines, children’s toys, etc, self-serve coffee bar and bottled water.
- All sick employees are asked to stay home.
- Employees are instructed to practice good hygiene and etiquette by washing hands frequently, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, avoiding unnecessary physical contact, and covering their mouths and noses with tissue or elbow for coughing and sneezing.
- TELEHEALTH VISITS: A virtual office visit via phone or Facetime may be an option, depending on the nature of your health care needs. Please call our office if you’d like to see if you meet the criteria.
What Can I Do?
- Walk-ins of any kind are not allowed at this time. Whether you’d like to pay your bill or make an appointment, please CALL our office
- If you feel sick, notify our clinic of your symptoms before coming in (or canceling) your appointment. Appointments may be rescheduled and there will be no penalties for late cancellations
- Don't bring family and friends to your appointment unless necessary.
- Practice Social Distancing and STAY HOME whenever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- If you or a member of your household are sick or have flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), the entire household should SELF-QUARANTINE.
- Call our clinic if you are feeling any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
For the latest information on the virus, visit the CDC website
For updates on the situation in Oregon, please visit the Oregon Health Authority website.
We will continue to keep you informed as the situation evolves or further precautions are issued by government officials.
Thank you for your continued trust in Lake Grove Family Medical Clinic.